For JTC graduates, Advanced Junior Training Camp is the second required camp where you will discover your role in the leadership of your church, community, and missions.
AJTC will help you discover answers to these questions:
- Am I following God's plan for my life?
- How am I developing my godly character?
- How am I helping (serving) others?
- Christianity is an adventure
- Light construction in missions
- Servant leadership
- Confidence in leadership
- Serving your God, your church and fellow man
This camp has been completely rewritten.
Camp staff even prepares your meals for you so that you have more time for adventures and learning! You will also earn the Rock Climbing merit.
You still have the adventure of camping outdoors, rock climbing and ziplining,
but our focus is on equipping you to be effective in ministry.
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Be ready to check in at camp at 10 am on Thursday.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at 10 am on Sunday, and you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Rappelling; Rock Climbing)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. This needs to be filled out once a year.
CAMP WILDERNESS LANDLINE
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- Cap (Royal Rangers or other)
- Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (cargo; or other work-type pants)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities
- [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- Sleeping wear (Pajamas or other)
- Tent (must have)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toiletry Kit:
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
OTHER SUGGESTED ITEMS
- light jacket or sweatshirt
- Sleeping pad
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Work gloves
- Personal First-aid kit
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)