Coming Next Summer - The Legend of Three Toes
A new adventure
Here's what you get:
Camp fee includes Outpost campsite & Camp facilities, camp activities & speakers, Saturday lunch, Sunday breakfast, T-shirt* and camp patch (*for those who register at least 3 weeks before camp).
Your outpost will add travel, food and other expenses which you have to pay to your Outpost separately.
Who can come?
For ALL boys Kindergarten-12th grade - you don't have to be in Rangers; so invite your friends.
Dads or male adults with a signed Pastor Approval form are encouraged to attend with Ranger Kids.
All visitors must check-in at the front desk in the Training Center and wear a Visitor badge while in Camp. No Exceptions!
NO visitors can stay overnight without proper background checks and church authorization.
What to Expect at Camp
- Camp will be open on Thursday to set up campsites.
- The Monkey ball pit(s), nine-square, basketball, bike trail and other fun activities will be open.
- Thursday evening rally will be followed by a movie in the Amphitheater
- Friday morning: swimming, tool safety and knot tying. The FCF Village has special presentations; hawk throw & blacksmith shop
- Friday afternoon activities include BB gun, Archery, and AIRSOFT (must attend 1pm safety briefing)
- Friday closes with a very inspirational Evening Service.
- Saturday morning after assembly: Ranger Kids will join in games to win medals.
- Saturday Lunch is provided at the Training Center for all campers. Special LFTL Banquet for Ranger Kids LFTL Achievement Award.
- Saturday afternoon: camp games and competition.
- Saturday evening service will include a special JLDA Academy Graduation Saber Ceremony
- Sunday breakfast is provided; then we have morning service and awards
- Break camp 10am
Camp Wilderness has modern bathroom facilities and nice warm showers. Please use them!
Bring Money for the Concessions Stand
Sodas, candy, ice cream, food, and other fun items are available for purchase.
Camp Promo Video - Coming Soon
SUGGESTED CAMPER PACKING LIST
Sleeping bag/ pillow
Sleeping pad or cot
Day clothing & pajamas
Sweatshirt or light jacket
Cap or hat (optional)
Rain gear (coat or poncho)
Shoes (sneakers) [NO bare feet; sandals or flip-flops]
Extra underclothing; socks and shoes
Plastic Bag for wet or dirty clothes
Toiletry kit (toothbrush; toothpaste; soap; deodorant)
Camp chair [folding] (optional)
Pocket knife [folding] or multi-tool (Cut & Chop Card required)
Notebook with pencil/ pen
Money for offering, concession stand
Bike helmet (optional, we have one for you at camp)
Outpost Coordinator Instructions:
- If you are a new outpost group, we can partner you with an established outpost to help you with any of your needs.
- Outposts provide their own transport, camping gear, and food and camp in the site allocated to your Outpost during Camp Work Days.
- Work out other expenses (gear, meals, transport, etc) the camp fee does not cover. Parents will be paying you this amount separately and is not included in online registration.
- Print this flyer ((link coming soon)) to hand out to boys and invite them personally to attend. Email parents and attach the flyer, be sure to let them know the total for camp, including your expenses, which may need to be adjusted depending on how many sign-up.
- Have everyone register online. There are forms there we have to have so you cannot register for the boys. They don’t have to pay online immediately, but their registration is not complete until they pay in full.
- Automated camper reports are emailed to your designated Outpost Camp Coordinator. If you are not receiving them, contact Adair Koontz (firstname.lastname@example.org). These reports help you keep track of who owes you additional expenses.
- Select your Outpost camp staff and get your pastor to sign an online pastoral reference form. Copy and send them this link go.wnmdag.org/rrpastor Every adult has to have this form on file to stay overnight at camp. Only the lead pastor or designated staff pastor or board member may fill out this form.
- There is an additional $10 fee per game for those who sign up for AirSoft [min. age is 12 years at time of camp]
- Outposts are asked to help run activities.
- We make every effort to make camp affordable for every family. Sometimes circumstances exist that make affording camp difficult. We ask that each church make an effort to help those who have financial difficulties. If your church cannot help and you have a child or family situation that may need special consideration, please call our camp main office. 715-942-8360
CAMP WILDERNESS LANDLINE
Join our Ranger Boys Facebook page.