Canoeing Adventure Camp
Arrive Thursday 10am, graduate 10am Sunday (Parents Welcome)
Camp Wilderness, Waupaca
Camp along the river
All equipment is supplied
All attendees have to sign up online. You will be given the option to pay online or mail in a check.
Camp fee includes all food, 2 camp t-shirts and a hat
Arrange you own transport to and from camp
Explore the Mecan River
There's nothing like the freedom of gliding across the open waters in your canoe packed with food and supplies to last you for the two days it will take to complete this adventure.
Instruction is based on the green Canoeing merit.
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Be ready to check in at camp at 10 am on Thursday.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at 10 am on Sunday, and you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Canoeing).
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. This needs to be filled out once a year.
--All Prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration--
--NO Electronic Devices (phone; laptop computer; tablet; handhelds, etc) should be brought to camp.--
Join our Academy Facebook page.
Canoeing Adventure Camp Personal Equipment Checklist
- 1 hat (Royal Rangers or other)
- Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 1 pr. Long pants, quick-dry (to be used as an emergency floatation device).
- 1 pr. Long pants (military-type fatigue; cargo; or other work-type trousers).
- 1 pr Water Shoes (or shoes that can get wet). [NO flip-flops]
- 1 pr. Shoes for camp wear
- 1 swimsuit (2nd swimsuit is optional)
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleeping wear (Pajamas or other)
- Personal Floatation Device (life jacket)
- Water-proof Pack or Dry Bag for personal equipment & Clothing (REQUIRED)
- Tent (could be paired w/another camper)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Sharp Pocket knife or Multi-Tool (w/sheath)
- "Mess" Kit (1 fork; 1 spoon; 1 bowl)
- Water Bottle (32 oz Nalgene, wide-mouth)
- Toiletry Kit: (Zip-Lock bag) [Travel-size toiletry items are preferred.]
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- Sleeping pad (air mattress or foam pad)
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Camp Chair, folding-type w/ carry bag
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- If you wear glasses - Glasses strap