Since the Frontier Adventure Camp [FAC] is a saber camp, it is challenging both mentally and physically, with lots of work in order to graduate. While the skills and attitudes that are learned are extremely important, we also want attendees to see the more relational side of FCF.
To join FCF, FAC graduates will need to attend FCF Fall Trace that year.
- To use frontiersman tools like flint and steel to start fires
- Primitive archery
- How to safely throw tomahawks and knives
- Frontier cooking
A frontiersman shirt, primitive lodges, food and camping gear are provided.
Commanders and Elite grads who wish to serve on staff must be Wilderness members and have to be approved by the camp organizers!
- Download and go through the Frontiersman Workbook ahead of camp so that you know the basics of what you will be learning. Bring a copy of the packet to camp with you.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10 am, leave your gear in the Training Center and report to the office. Camp starts on a Friday so you may miss a day of school.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at 2 pm on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Your Frontiersman rep is Squints. Email him if you have any questions.
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the online Pastoral reference form submitted by their lead pastor or designated pastor or board member. This needs to be filled out once a year
Ask to join our Chippewa Chapter Facebook group.
WHAT TO BRING
Clothing (think layers):
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (cargo; or other work-type pants)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepwear (Pajamas or other)
- Sleeping bag & Pillow (cots are provided)
- Sharp Pocket Knife or Multi-Tool (w/sheath)
- Water Bottle
- Download FCF Workbook from main FCF page
- Toiletry kit & mirror (Ziplock bag)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Towel & washcloth
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
- Pencils (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- Personal First-aid kit & meds
- Camera (optional)
- Insect repellant
- Traditional FCF items are allowed if you have them
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration.
NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp. No flashlights!