Survival Adventure Camp
Available August 2024
Arrive by 10 am Thursday
Please be on time!
Graduation 10 am Sunday
Parents are encouraged to attend
Camp Wilderness, Waupaca
- AJTC Graduates
- One survival kit
- Two guys per group
- Three days of adventure
- Live off the land in a survival shelter
- All equipment is supplied
- All attendees have to sign up online.
- Camp fee includes, 2 camp t-shirts and a hat
- Arrange your own transport to and from camp
There's only one requirement: Survive!
This adventure is not for the feint-hearted. In fact, most guys complete this camp last to be sure they are fully prepared for the challenge of living off the land for three days. we will teach you to build your own shelter, trap your own food and filter your water as you experience survival in the wilderness.
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Be ready to check in at camp at 10 am on Thursday.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at 10 am on Sunday, and you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Camping, Fire skills, Tool Craft)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. This needs to be filled out once a year.
Camp WIlderness landline
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Hat (Royal Rangers or other)
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (military-type fatigue; cargo; or other work-type trousers)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepwear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack w/frame (NO BOOK BAGS)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- sharp pocket Knife or multi-Tool (w/sheath)
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad (we supply cots)
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.