Designed to capture the interests of a wide range of young men and boys, the SSAC is a creative and exciting program where discipline and self-control is celebrated, and where the mentoring mission of Royal Rangers can be fully incorporated. Interactive and lasting friendships, fun activities, and fulfilling advancement plans based on Royal Rangers merit guidelines provide boys with the opportunity to develop their shooting skills by participating in a variety of shooting sports disciplines. The challenge of individual and team competition extends from the Outpost to National Championships.
The program disciplines currently include:
- BB Gun
- Air Rifle
- Small Bore / .22 Caliber Rifle
- Shotgun / Trap Shooting
- Black Powder Rifle
You have to complete AJTC before camp.
Instruction is based on the silver Small bore Safety and Shotgun Safety merits; National Rifle Association (NRA) Basic Shooting Course(s) under the direction of an NRA-certified instructor and WI Hunter Ed.
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Be ready to check in at camp at 10 am on Thursday.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at 10 am on Sunday, and you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Small Bore Shooting, Small Bore Safety)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the online Pastoral reference form submitted by their lead pastor or designated pastor or board member. This needs to be filled out once a year
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- Cap (Royal Rangers or other)
- Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (cargo; or other work-type pants)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities
- [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- Sleeping wear (Pajamas or other)
- Tent (must have)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toiletry Kit:
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
OTHER SUGGESTED ITEMS
- light jacket or sweatshirt
- Sleeping pad
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Work gloves
- Personal First-aid kit
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)